Thursday, May 2, 2013

What I Was Feeling - When I Reunited with Gatsby


   The very first time I saw Gatsby after I had married Tom was so overwhelming; I just remember my senses were all mixed up as my feelings for Gatsby came rushing back. I had wondered if I would ever see him again and when the moment came, it was more than I could have ever wished. It felt like I was being reunited with my other half. It was hard to keep an eloquent composure when all I wanted to do was dance of excitement. My favorite part was when he looked at me in the foyer of his house. The room overflowed with so many beautiful flowers, it was so perfect. When he looked at me I felt like a queen. He stared at me in a way that made me feel like I was the only person in the entire world. When he looked at me it reminded me of the way he always paid attention to me. I was always the center of attention to Gatsby, and I loved it. When other men would put me on a pedestal, Gatsby would put me on a stage with a spotlight and watch me with binoculars. It was the most fantastic feeling in the world. I was so happy that Gatsby came back and I can honestly say that I did love him all along. I felt like I was finally complete, and together, Gatsby and I were invincible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment