Friday, April 26, 2013

Why I - Married Tom Buchanan


            I married Tom Buchanan to fill a void in my heart. I enjoyed being surrounded by fancy things and going on expensive dates but I could not survive by myself. I need someone to give me their undivided attention at all times or I feel pointless. Although I felt that no man could fulfill my life the way Gatsby would, I also knew I would be unhappy with Gatsby if he could not buy me the luxurious things that I indulged in. I settled for Tom when he came along because he had a protective manly quality to him and he was loaded. It was necessary that my high maintenance taste be satisfied. When I heard that Gatsby was back my heart fluttered and when I saw it was true I finally felt complete. He had made a fortune of his own and became so wealthy.  His shirts were made from the most exotic fabrics everything of his was so classy it made me tear up. He proved that he truly loved me by becoming rich and showing he could support me. I never second guessed spending time with Gatsby again because he was the only one I ever loved. He had everything and when I was with him I knew I had everything. All I ever wanted was everything and Gatsby was able to give that to me. He gave me the world.

1 comment:

  1. Why couldn't you wait for me? I was working on the money, we could have created this amazing life together. But all that matters is that we are happy together now. I knew you never loved Tom, he was just in the way. I would do anything for you and never forget it. If Tom is ever a problem, I'll handle it.
    Love you,
    J
    (Makiki)

    ReplyDelete