Thursday, April 25, 2013

What I Was Thinking - When I Ran Over Myrtle


     I felt such a rush driving Gatsby’s luxurious car as it is a chore that is not normally socially acceptable for women to do, but what do I care! I am a free human being with a mind of my own and if I do say so myself, I am the perfect example for all women on how to live fun independent lives. After all, everyone around you is your audience, so why not make your performance entertaining? Reverting back to remembering what I was thinking while driving Gatsby’s car, I thought the only way to cherish the moment was to drive faster than the wind, and believe me it was marvelous! My adrenaline rush quickly came crashing down when I saw a woman leap onto the path of the speeding car. My thoughts spun out of control and all of a sudden my body was not obeying my orders; it was as if the steering wheel and pedal seemed to have paralyzed. For a split second, I thought that maybe this woman would react just as quickly as she jumped onto the road, but it was too late. Gatsby had tried to veer out of the way and spare the woman’s life, but it was inevitable. Once we drove over the bump the only thought I had was to never look back and drive home as quickly as I could. I was shocked that something so beautiful could cause such tragedy. The glorious expensive yellow car killed that woman, yet the least of my worries was to find out if she was alright.

1 comment:

  1. It was you who ran over me?!? I thought you were Tom! Finding this out just makes dying even worse than it already is. I mean not being with Tom is probably the hardest things that I've had to go through and now learning this! Just wait until you die. You will not have a delightful after life that's for sure. I just want to let you know that if you didn't kill me, I would be off running away with your husband. I should be the one off with Tom traveling the world. NOT YOU! I hope you have a horrible time and Tom leaves you.

    - Myrtle Wilson (aka: The woman your husband had an affair with)

    ReplyDelete